Almost all our products are 100% cotton. A few are cotton blends, with the balance being another type of easy-care fiber. Our fabrics wash well and can be washed in a washing machine.
Follow these instructions and you will enjoy your MarketPlace garment for many years!
When washing for the first time, wash each garment separately on a gentle cycle, on a full load setting, using cold water and a mild detergent. A handful of salt or half cup of white vinegar added to the first wash will help set the dye.
Garments are pre-shrunk. Our hand-printed and hand tie-dyed fabrics have been washed, sometimes multiple times, as part of the printing process. The fabric will not shrink in a cold water wash.
- Wash separately, gentle cycle
- Cold water with a mild detergent
- No bleach or bleach alternatives
- Turn your clothes inside out to protect the outer side when washing
- Do not dry in a dryer
- Line dry out of direct sun
- Ironing is not necessary for a natural cotton look